2020-2021 STUDENT CHAPARRAL POETRY CONTEST
Contest Chair: Jolayne Nelson 435-705-4912 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries welcome: postmarked October 15, 2021 - December 17, 2021
submitted via email by December 17th, 2021.
1. be ORIGINAL, UNPUBLISHED, 30 lines or fewer
2. be machine-printed (printable from email attachment) neatly on plain white 8 1/2 x 11 paper
3. in standard, size 12 or 14 font such as Times New Roman, Arial, etc.
4. with line lengths 4.5 inches or shorter on a word-processed page (use scale at top of page)
5. stand on its own without art work or illustration
6. be TITLED uniquely
Students, including online and home-schooled, in grades 1-12 living within the Washington County School District should do ONE of the following:
1. REGULAR MAIL -- ONE printed copy of poem with the following information:
• ID in top left corner with these items:
• student name
• school name (or "home schooled")
• teacher name, teacher email
Place poem unfolded in one large envelope and mail with correct postage to the following address:
Student Chaparral Poetry Contest
1652 Hummingbird Drive
St. George, UT 84770
Teachers may also collect his or her class’s poems and mail them in one mailing.
2. EMAIL to email@example.com as a Word.doc attachment (Do NOT send in the body of the email)
--Place the complete title of the poem in subject line and on the poem.
--Include complete ID information above the poem title in the upper left corner of the attachment (see required ID information above)
NOTE: At the request of our editor, any poems that cannot be completely identified with name, grade, school, and teacher will not receive a prize or recognition. That includes emailed poems that are not sent as an attachment or lack full ID on the Word document. Please, be complete
Winners will notified by their teachers. Winning students are invited to attend the Awards Ceremony to receive certificates and prize money Friday evening, March 4th, 2022 at 7:00 in the Community Building. Parents, friends, teachers, and principals of the winners are encouraged to attend. Refreshments will follow.